First United National Bank History

First United National Bank was organized as First National Bank of Fryburg on August 2, 1909. The following are important dates in our history:

Date History
1912 First official bank building was constructed in the village of Fryburg.
1960 New bank building was constructed at the intersection of Routes 208 & 157
1981 Addition made to the bank building doubling its size.
1984 Changed the bank name to First United National Bank. Purchased the First National Bank of PA branch office at 201 Seneca St., Oil City, PA.
1990

Purchased the First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Kane branch office at 236 Broad St., New Bethlehem, PA. Constructed a new branch office and moved from 201 Seneca St. to 1 Central Avenue, Oil City, PA.

1993 Addition made to the Oil City branch office.
1994 Construction began on addition to the Fryburg office more than doubling the size.
1995 Moved the New Bethlehem branch office to 706 Broad St. on April 15th.
1996 July 19th, a flood in New Bethlehem destroyed most of the branch office and its contents. Operated from the fire hall for three weeks until the office was remodeled. Purchased the Mellon Bank Branch at 1153 Liberty St., Franklin, PA. Opened for Business on September 23, 1996.
1997 Constructed a new branch at 400 Liberty St., Clarion, PA. Opening date was February 17, 1998.
2000 Constructed Internet web site. Published in October.
2003 Introduced Telephone Banking in May. Constructed a new branch, moving from 706 Broad St. to 224 Wood St., New Bethlehem, PA. Opening date in new location was May 27, 2003.
2004 Purchased proptery adjacent to the Oil City office and converted it to a parking lot.
2005

Introduced Internet Banking/Bill Pay Services in March. Opened a free-standing, drive-up ATM at the Oil City office in the new parking lot in March.

2006 Constructed a new branch office at 112 Hoss Dr., Cranberry, PA. Opening date was January 16, 2007.
2010 On May 12, purchased property located at 7 E Front St in Oil City to expand parking for the Oil City Office.